Each term Joe Allen (IST) organizes a group of players for a fun Euchre tournament.
If you know anyone on campus who may be interested, feel free to pass this on.
The purpose as always is to just have FUN. However, it’s a great opportunity to socialize and get to know others in IST and at U of W. Especially for new staff.
How does it work?
• At the start of the session, teams will be picked at random based on who has signed up
• Once teams are picked, a schedule will be posted online and teams will be responsible for scheduling their own matches
• Each match will consist of 3 games. Games are up to 10 points.
• The winner of the match will report their scores to the league administrator (Joe Allen) who will post the results online
• After all teams have played their matches (usually takes about 3 months), the top 4 teams will meet in the semi finals and finals
• Players are allowed to get substitutes if they are sick or get busy. These substitutes can be anyone (league participants or not)
• Once the ‘session’ is over (after about 4 months), a new session will start (if enough people are interested) where new players can join and existing players can decide to take a break
What does it cost?
$5 per person – this will be used only to be donated to United Way or another charity.
Are there prizes?
Yes, sort of. We’ve tried to provide United Way receipts as prizes. We will try to do this again if possible.
What if I don’t know how to play?
We will hold some sessions for first time players. We would then look for volunteers to help sit with a new player for a match or two until they get the hang of the game. There have been new players in the past who did not know the rules and they learned very quickly so it’s not critical that you’ve played before.
Who can Play?
This started with IST but has now expanded to staff from all over campus. If you know anyone on campus who would be interested, by all means invite them. We can handle as many people as needed. However, the number of matches to play each session will be limited to no more than 10.
How do I sign up?
Send an email to Joe Allen (ext 36609) at firstname.lastname@example.org to get into the next session.
Teams will be chosen at random by Joe. An email will then be sent out before the start of the next tournament. You would then need to send $5 to Joe or drop it by his office.
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the Euchre
(The current archive is only available to the list
Subscribe to Euchre by filling out the following
This is a closed list, which means your subscription
will be held for approval. You will be notified of the list
moderator's decision by email. This is also a hidden list, which means that the
list of members is available only to the list administrator.