[SSDC-Safety] New term information

Graeme Adair graeme.adair at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Sep 10 10:31:10 EDT 2021

Hi Team leads and safety captains.

All teams working on campus need to make sure their COVID-19 safety plans are up to date and that all members have read and signed it. A physical copy must be kept in your bay or work space, including signatures page. Teams with an existing approved plan can simply update it and send to Vicoria so we have them on file. If you do not have a previously approved plan, please send to me as I will need to approve it before you can work in your bay or work space. Please use the current template for your plan.

Safety Captains:
Teams with bays need to appoint a safety captain. The role of a safety captain is important and must be assigned to member that is experienced with the workings of your team. Team leads cannot be safety captains.
Please ensure that your team binders are up to date, this includes team register, safety information and SOP's.
You need to complete two work bay inspections per term. These inspections must be completed with another team member. New safety captains are encouraged to complete these inspections with more senior safety captains.
Mid term safety reviews will be conducted by myself and Andrew from the student shop after mid tems. I will email timeslots later in the term.

Please dont hesitate to reach out if you have questions.

I am still on parental leave until September 24th, so I may be a little slow to respond.

Thanks,

Graeme Adair
Manager, Sedra Student Design Centre
University of Waterloo