[SSDC-Safety] Re opening the SDC

Graeme Adair graeme.adair at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Nov 26 15:03:40 EST 2020

Hi Teams,

Sorry this took so long, but you can now re-enter the SDC.

Some things you need to know:

There is a faulty carbon monoxide detector that is still alarming in the common area. Plant operations are still getting around to disarming it. The faulty alarm is now clearly signed.

All team members need to be fully aware of what do to in the case of a sounding alarm (Not a fire alarm). I will place a sign in each bay and next to every detector in the common area to inform team members of what to do. The sign is attached.

I want to remind all teams that gas or diesel engines are not to be run in the SDC. The only exceptions are the UWAFT vehicle bay and the engine dyno room.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Graeme Adair
Manager, Sedra Student Design Centre
University of Waterloo