[QuIN-Lab] [2017Spring] QuIN-Lab Welcome!

Na Young Kim nayoung.kim at uwaterloo.ca
Mon May 1 15:11:59 EDT 2017

Dear All,

Welcome to QuIN-Lab this term. I am giving you a common group announcement.

*1. Safety Training *

All new members should complete the following on-line safety training
courses. Once you complete, you should send me the completion record by
email.

   - SO1001 Employee Safety Orientation
   - SO1010 General Lab Satefy
   - SO1030 Cryogenic & Compressed Gas
   - SO1066 Laser Safety Training Theory
   - SO1081 Work Violence-Awareness
   - SO2017 WHMIS2015

** **Zhenyang*, If your scope is all theoretical, you do not need to
complete SO1066 and SO1030. However, if you are interested in participating
in some lab activities, I recommend you to complete all the above.

*2. Weekly Report Template*

   - Please use the following weekly report template.
      - I emphasize here (1) regular literature searches (2) critical paper
      reading.
   - The weekly report due is every *Sat. 5:59 pm starting from 2017/5/6*.
   - You can upload your weekly report in the drop-box of the group.

<quinkimlab at lists.uwaterloo.ca>*
- Please confirm me if you have received this email through your address as
well as this lists.uwaterloo.ca email so that you are adequately included.
- Tip: When you receive any emails from me, a short receipt of reply is
always considered to be a great manner in communications.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.

I look very much forward to this term together with you.

Sincerely,
Prof. Kim