[quantum-info] QSim 2023 Announcement

Michael J Gullans mgullans at umd.edu
Tue Jan 24 17:00:00 EST 2023

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the 1st Annual Conference on Quantum Simulation
(QSim) <https://qsimconference.org/>, which will be held in Telluride,
Colorado, USA, August 7-11, 2023. The conference will be preceded by a
3-day summer school on experimental and theoretical aspects of quantum
simulation in the same location.

The conference is sponsored by the NSF QLCI for Robust Quantum Simulation (
https://rqs.umd.edu) and will bring together physicists, engineers,
mathematicians and computer scientists working at the forefront of quantum
simulation and related problems that include applications, algorithms,
verification, noise, scaling, etc. for both analog and digital approaches.
A special session midweek will be devoted to charting the future of the
field. Our invited speakers represent expertise at the forefront of quantum
simulation, including Waseem Bakr (Princeton), Daniel Barredo (CNRS), Earl
Campbell (Riverlane), Eugene Demler (ETHZ), Sofia Economou (Virginia Tech),
Manuel Endres (Caltech), Jens Koch (Northwestern), Joonho Lee (Harvard),
Lin Lin (UC Berkeley), Mikhail Lukin* (Harvard), Zlatko Minev (IBM), Chris
Monroe (Duke), Ashley Montanaro (Bristol), Hannes Pichler* (Innsbruck),
Pedram Roushan (Google), Giulia Semeghini (Harvard), Michelle Simmons
(UNSW), Xiao-Liang Qi* (Stanford), Yu Tong (Caltech), Romain Vasseur (UMass
Amherst), Nathan Wiebe (Toronto), Jon Wyrick (NIST), and Torsten Zache
(Innsbruck)!

In addition to the invited talks, there will be 10 contributed talks and 2
poster sessions. We strongly encourage submissions for contributed talks
and posters. The contributed talk submission deadline is Feb. 24, 2023 and
the early-bird registration deadline is April 10, 2023. More details can be
found at the website (https://qsimconference.org/).

We are excited to welcome you to the conference this summer. Please feel
free to share this announcement with your colleagues to help us spread the
word about the event.

Sincerely,
Michael Gullans