[quantum-info] Announcement Workshop for Quantum Repeaters and Networks, Chicago 19-21 August 2022

Norbert Lutkenhaus nlutkenhaus at uwaterloo.ca
Tue May 24 21:20:38 EDT 2022

Dear colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to the Workshop for Quantum Repeaters and Networks (wqrn.org)<https://www.wqrn.org/>. This is the third workshop in that series. It will be held in Chicago 19-21 August 2022.
The workshop has a special format that distinguishes it from conferences: the leaders of the field come together and discuss the current and future developments in the field in review presentations with panel discussions. So the whole workshop is more interactive.

This year, we've structured the two days around four themes/sessions:

  1.  Worldwide efforts to build quantum networks
  2.  Theory and metrics of quantum networks: Developing a common language
  3.  Component technologies and building blocks
  4.  Scaling quantum repeaters and networks to applications

The workshop will emphasize dialog and exchange amongst the participants. For this reason, we strongly encourage that all attendees  attend the full workshop.

The workshop will begin with a reception on the evening of Friday, August 19 and will conclude with dinner on Sunday, August 21. It will be held at the University of Chicago's David Rubinstein Forum<https://davidrubensteinforum.uchicago.edu/>. Further details, e.g., about accommodations and travel, will be available soon at our conference website<https://www.wqrn.org/>.

Norbert

Program Committee:

Chair: Tracy Northup (University of Innsbruck, Austria)

Vice Chair: Ronald Hanson (TU Delft, Netherlands)

Saikat Guha (University of Arizona, USA)

Liang Jiang (University of Chicago, USA)

Steering Committee:

Chair: Norbert Lütkenhaus (University of Waterloo, Canada)

Eleni Diamanti (Sorbonne University, France)

Saikat Guha (University of Arizona, USA)

Liang Jiang (University of Chicago, USA)

Thaddeus Ladd (HRL Laboratories, LLC, USA)

Kae Nemoto (Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology, Japan)

Tracy Northup (University of Innsbruck,  Austria)

Qudsia Quraishi (Army Research Laboratory, USA)

Rob Thew (University of Geneva, Switzerland)

Rodney Van Meter (Keio University, Japan)

Norbert Lütkenhaus, Fellow APS
Executive Director, Institute for Quantum Computing
Professor, Department of Physics and Astronomy
University of Waterloo
Lutkenhaus.office at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:Lutkenhaus.office at uwaterloo.ca> (Research Group Office)
nlutkenhaus at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:nlutkenhaus at uwaterloo.ca> (confidential email)