[quantum-info] Fwd: Postdoctoral and Ph.D. fellowships at TU Munich

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Wed Mar 24 11:09:12 EDT 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Robert Koenig <robert.koenig at tum.de>
Date: Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 10:58 AM
Subject: Postdoctoral and Ph.D. fellowships at TU Munich
To: <robert.koenig at tum.de>

Dear colleagues,

I hope this finds you well. I have a favor to ask: I’d be very
grateful if you could please distribute the following Postdoc/Ph.D.
job ad to anyone interested.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Robert

Postdoctoral and Ph.D. fellowships in quantum computing at the
Technical University of Munich

Applications are invited for several Postdoctoral Research Associate
positions and Ph.D. fellowships in Quantum Computing at the Department
of Mathematics of the Technical University of Munich, Germany.

The positions are with the group of Robert König and are funded by the
ERC project “Enhanced quantum information processing targeting the
near tearm” (EQUIPTNT). Our goal is to characterize the computational
capabilities of near-term quantum devices by studying their potential
to yield disruptive boosts in information-processing power. Topics of
interest include but are not limited to the design of quantum
algorithms, quantum advantage experiments, quantum fault-tolerance,
device certification and classical simulation algorithms. Successful
candidates will develop and execute research contributing towards the
objectives of EQUIPTNT.

Applicants for postdoctoral positions should

have a Ph.D. degree in mathematics, theoretical physics or computer science, and
have a strong background and special interest in theoretical aspects
of quantum information processing/quantum computing

·        send their application to sekretariat-m5 at ma.tum.de with the
subject line “Postdoc search 2021” including a CV, a short research
statement, a list of publications and the names and contact details of
senior scientists who could provide letters of recommendation.

Applicants for Ph.D. positions should

have an M.Sc. degree in mathematics, theoretical physics or computer
science, and
have a strong background and special interest in theoretical aspects
of quantum information processing/quantum computing.
send their application to sekretariat-m5 at ma.tum.de with the subject
line “Ph.D. student search 2021” including a CV, a letter of
motivation, degree certificates and transcripts of current and
previous studies, and the names and contact details of two referees
who are able to assess your personal and academic background.

Our group belongs to the research unit mathematical physics at TUM. It
is part of the Munich Center for Quantum Science and Technology
(MCQST) and is associated with the International Max Planck Research
School Quantum Science and Technology.

Preliminary application deadline: April 30, 2021. (Early submission is
encouraged. Applications will be considered until positions are
filled.)

Start date: October 1, 2021 at the earliest.