[quantum-info] FW: [int-cmt] Postdoctoral Positions at the Institute for Condensed Matter Theory of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Thu Sep 19 16:02:54 EDT 2019

*From:* Benner, Janice Kaye <jbenner at uillinois.edu>
*Sent:* Thursday, September 19, 2019 3:58 PM
*To:* us-cmt at lists.physics.illinois.edu; int-cmt at lists.physics.illinois.edu
*Cc:* Bradlyn, Barry <bbradlyn at illinois.edu>; DeMarco, Brian Leeds <
bdemarco at illinois.edu>; Clark, Bryan K <bkclark at illinois.edu>; Ceperley,
David M <ceperley at illinois.edu>; Fradkin, Eduardo H <efradkin at illinois.edu>;
Song, Jun <songj at illinois.edu>; Dahmen, Karin A <dahmen at illinois.edu>; La
Nave, Gabriele <lanave at illinois.edu>; Wagner, Lucas Kyle <
lkwagner at illinois.edu>; Stone, Michael <m-stone5 at illinois.edu>; Goldenfeld,
Nigel <nigel at illinois.edu>; Phillips, Philip W <dimer at illinois.edu>; Leigh,
Robert G <rgleigh at illinois.edu>; Vishveshwara, Smitha <smivish at illinois.edu>;
Hughes, Taylor L <hughest at illinois.edu>; Faulkner, Thomas <tomf at illinois.edu>;
Leggett, Anthony J <aleggett at illinois.edu>; Oono, Yoshitsugu <
yoono at illinois.edu>
*Subject:* [int-cmt] Postdoctoral Positions at the Institute for Condensed
Matter Theory of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Dear Colleague

Please find attached to this email the announcements for postdoctoral
positions at the Institute for Condensed Matter Theory of the University of
Illinois at Urbana-Champaign beginning in the Fall 2020. This year we will
have Gordon and Betty Moore Postdoctoral Scholar positions as part of the
EPiQS Program on Quantum Materials. We will also have openings supported by
departmental grants. In particular we will have an opening  one
in computational materials science, working primarily with Profs. David
Ceperley and/or Lucas K. Wagner. Applicant should have skills in Density
Functional Calculations, Quantum Monte Carlo and Data Science. We will also
have a postdoctoral opening in the area of quantum computing algorithms and
quantum simulation with Prof. Bryan Clark.   The focus of this position
will be on quantum simulations of condensed matter physics/chemistry with
an emphasis on NISQ machines.  We will also have a postdoctoral opening on
areas of topological phases of matter (including quantum Hall states) and
their geometric properties, and/or in high Tc superconductors.  We will be
grateful if you could advertise this announcement at your institution and
if you  encourage strong candidates to apply for these postdoctoral
positions.

To apply, please visit our website:
*http://icmt.illinois.edu/Opps-postdocs.asp
<http://icmt.illinois.edu/Opps-postdocs.asp>*

Sincerely yours

Eduardo Fradkin

Donald Biggar Willett Professor of Physics Director, Institute for
Condensed Matter Theory Department of Physics University of Illinois

1110 West Green Street

Urbana Illinois 61801-3080, USA

phone: (217)333-4409

fax: (217) 244-7704

e-mail: efradkin at illinois.edu

homepage: http://eduardo.physics.illinois.edu/homepage/

ICMT homepage:  http://icmt.illinois.edu/

Janice Benner

Office Administrator

Institute for Condensed Matter Theory

University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign

2101 Engineering Sciences Building