[Female-math-faculty] Math EDI-R & I Principles

Sue Ann Campbell sacampbe at uwaterloo.ca
Fri May 26 14:06:28 EDT 2023

Dear WIM Members,

The Faculty of Mathematics EDI-R & I Principles Development Committee has recently released a set of draft principles for review and feedback by stake-holders. It is hoped that these principles will help support equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism, and Indigenization (EDI-R & I) efforts within the Faculty. You can find out more about these principles and how they were drafted at the consultation website: https://uwaterloo.ca/math/about/faculty-mathematics-draft-edi-r-i-principles

As part of the consultation, we are reaching out to stake-holders to share the principles and get feedback.  I hope to arrange a meeting of WIM faculty members for this purpose. If you are interested in such a meeting, please indicate what date(s) would best suit your schedule at the following link:
https://www.when2meet.com/?20191338-HXJmR
by Friday, June 2.

If you are not able to attend a meeting, you are welcome to provide feedback through the online form available on the consultation website.

Regards,

Sue Ann Campbell

Dr. Sue Ann Campbell (she/her)

Professor and University Research Chair

Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Waterloo

Waterloo ON N2L 3G1

https://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/~sacampbe/

President-Elect, Canadian Applied and Industrial Mathematics Society<https://caims.ca/>

I acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional territory of the Chonnonton, Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo main campus is located on the Haldimand tract, the land granted to the Six Nations that includes six miles on each side of the Grand River.