[Female-math-faculty] Yesterday's attack on campus and gathering in Arts Quad

Ghazal Geshnizjani ggeshniz at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jun 29 14:02:18 EDT 2023

Dear Women+ in Mathematics community and allies,

On behalf of the leadership of WiM and WiCs, I want to reaffirm the dean's
message and emphasize our unwavering stance against acts of hatred and
bigotry. Both WiM and WiCs are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive,
safe, and welcoming environment for every member of our community.

Additionally, I warmly encourage you to join the community gathering event,
if you are available, which will take place today at 3:15 in the Arts Quad.

For wellness support on campus and in the community, please refer to the
resources listed below.

Best wishes,
Ghazal and Jo

-----------------------------
Ghazal Geshnizjani (She/Her)
Research Associate Professor
Department of Applied Mathematics
<https://uwaterloo.ca/applied-mathematics/>
Waterloo Centre for Astrophysics <https://uwaterloo.ca/astrophysics-centre/>

Women in Math Committee Chair <https://uwaterloo.ca/women-in-mathematics/>
University of Waterloo, Office: MC 6449,Email: ggeshnizjani at uwaterloo.ca
Affiliate and Visiting Fellow,  Perimeter Institute For Theoretical Physics
<http://pitp.ca/>
Deputy Director at Supernova Foundation <https://supernovafoundation.org/>,
Mentoring for Women in Physics