[Female-math-faculty] Capacity Building Circles special event, Guest speaker: Jermal Jones (Associate Director Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Access, Library), November 15th, 2022, from 9:30 am to 11:00 am

Ghazal Geshnizjani ggeshniz at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Nov 11 21:44:49 EST 2022

Dear WiM Faculty,

I would like to bring to you attention the November Capacity Building
Circles starting with upcoming Tuesday with Guest speaker: Jermal Jones
(Associate Director Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Access, Library)

The topic for November’s circles will be “*How do we move from talk to
action?*” The following list of circle dates are listed below:

   - November 15th, 2022, from 9:30 am to 11:00 am (Open to Faculty and
   Staff)
   - November 16th, 2022, from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm (Open to Staff)
   - November 21st, 2022, from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm (Open to Faculty and
   Staff)
   - November 22nd, 200, from 10:00 am to 11:30 am (Open to Faculty)

We look forward to welcoming *Jermal Jones (**Associate Director Equity,
Diversity, Inclusion and Access, Library**) *who will be joining us
for our *November
15th *circle session. We also welcome *Leslie Wexler (Senior Educational
Developer, Indigenous Knowledges and Anti-Racist Pedagogies) *and *Savannah
Sloat (Manager, Indigenous Science Initiatives) *will be returning to join
us for our *November 21st* *session.*

Registration for  November circles can be found using the link below and
enter the code “EDINov2022”:

https://www.ticketfi.com/event/4784/november-2022-mathematics-capacity-building-circles-registration

Best wishes,

Ghazal

-----------------------------
Ghazal Geshnizjani (She/Her)
Research Associate Professor
Department of Applied Mathematics
<https://uwaterloo.ca/applied-mathematics/>
Waterloo Centre for Astrophysics <https://uwaterloo.ca/astrophysics-centre/>

Women in Math Committee Chair <https://uwaterloo.ca/women-in-mathematics/>
University of Waterloo, Office: MC 6449  Email: ggeshnizjani at uwaterloo.ca
Phone: 519 888 4567 X 39146
Affiliate and Visiting Fellow,  Perimeter Institute For Theoretical Physics
<http://pitp.ca/>