[Female-math-faculty] Thurs Nov 3rd 1pm EDT online panel: Experience of Mathematicians as Parents

Ghazal Geshnizjani ggeshniz at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Nov 1 14:27:58 EDT 2022

Hi everyone,

The following event might be of interest to you. Note one of our own WiM
faculty Barbara Csima is among the panelists.

Best wishes,

Ghazal

Informal panel organized by Math Parents Coffee
<https://people.clas.ufl.edu/dbartosova/math-parents-coffee/> on *Experience
of Mathematicians as Parents: Challenges, what's great about it, and what
we can do better .*

Date and time: Thursday, November 3, at 1pm EDT.

To receive the Zoom link, you can register here
<https://ufl.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYsduurrzkiEtOiEvswr2NB9sGQ8mKG1nnV>
.

Professors Barbara Csima, Dima Sinapova, Reed Solomon, and Lecturer Xiao
Chang will talk about their experience as parents while building their
careers, the struggles and how they may be overcome, as well as, what they
like about parenting in academia. If you have questions for our panelists
already, please email them to Dana Bartošová (dbartosova at ufl.edu), or you
can ask during the panel.

Math Parents Coffee meets once a month on Zoom to identify, discuss, and
tackle obstacles that math parents may encounter during their career.

Our focus has been on conferences, parental leave, acknowledgement by grant
companies, and building a network.

If you would like to join the group, please send an email to Dana Bartošová
at dbartosova at ufl.edu.