[Female-math-faculty] WWIN webinar: Creating Your Own Path: Opportunities, Sustainability and Lessons Through COVID-19 (March 24, 2021)

Ghazal Geshnizjani ggeshniz at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Mar 16 15:28:46 EDT 2021

*Creating Your Own Path: Opportunities, Sustainability and Lessons Through
COVID-19 (March 24, 2021)*

In this fireside chat we sit down with two inspiring leaders – Joanne
McKinley
<https://uwaterloo.ca/math/joanne-mckinley-director-software-development-google>
(BMath'00,
MMath'02), Waterloo’s 2020 J.W. Graham Medal in Computing and Innovation
recipient and Director of Software Development at Google, and Sandra Banks
<https://uwaterloo.ca/university-relations/about-university-relations/vice-president-university-relations>,
Vice-President, University Relations at Waterloo – as we discuss the impact
and changes COVID-19 has had on women in the workforce. As an advocate for
work-life balance, Joanne talks candidly about her experiences gaining
increasing responsibility in her career while prioritizing family.

Introduced by Sophie Janszen-Spitman
<https://uwaterloo.ca/waterloo-womens-impact-network-newsletter/fall-2020/feature/introducing-waterloo-womens-impact-network>,
WWIN student member and representative of the Women in Mathematics
Committee, this conversation aims to inspire students and alumni at all
stages of their career to create their own paths, be a role model for
others and not be afraid to ask for changes in their workplace that will
benefit not just women, but all employees.

*This event will run on Wednesday, March 24, 2021 from 12:00 – 12:45 pm
ET. Register here
<http://waterloo.imodules.com/s/1802/17/interior-2col-detail.aspx?sid=1802&gid=2&pgid=2188>.*

[image: WWIN_Webinar2_Tw-01.png]