[FASS] FASS Creative Liaison Applications Open & '24-'25 Board

Nicholas Boyko me at nboyko.com
Wed Mar 27 11:00:00 EDT 2024

FASSies of the world!

My name is Nick, and I have the great honour of serving as your President
for the next year.

A little about myself:

   -

   My first FASS was as a student in 2016’s “Who’s Afraid of the FASS”,
   playing tuba in the pit, and I’ve participated off and on since, having now
   performed about half of the Show Council roles. This is my first time on
   the Board.
   -

   I served as Chief Centurion of the Warriors Band between 2015 and 2017.
   -

   In non-UW life I work as a product manager at a local startup.

I have a few goals for my presidency:

   -

   Make it easier for people to volunteer to help with Show Council
   functions without having to volunteer for the whole position
   -

   Make it easier for Show Council members to delegate work to these people
   -

   Continue efforts to increase size of the company

I’ll be joined on this journey by our amazing Board of Directors: Thomas
Broadley will be transitioning to his role as our Presidential Advisor;
Sameeksha Naik will be acting as our Treasurer; Andrew Best and Gabby
Navickas will be our co-Company Coordinators; and Victoria Robertson,
Michelle Stepanek, Irene Boby, and Zoe Cushman will be your board
representatives. I am extremely optimistic for FASS over the next year with
such talented people on our Board, and I am sure that everyone will do a
great job. There are a number of specific concerns that your reps are
bringing with them that I hope will allow us to continue to improve FASS!

We are now looking for the final member of the FASS Board for the 2024-25
season: our Creative Liaison. The Creative Liaison is a key member of both
the Board and the Show Council(s), serving both to act as the linkage
between the Board and the Council(s) and as a coach/organizer for the Show
Council(s). If you have experience in any of the work required to put on a
FASS show and an interest in ensuring that they run smoothly, I highly
encourage you to apply (or ask questions!) by emailing me at *me at nboyko.com
<me at nboyko.com>*.

*The application deadline for CL is April 7th at 11AM.*

In closing, I will say that FASS has only been getting more fun and
rewarding to participate in during the past few years, and this is a trend
that I hope to continue.

Yours in FASS,

Nick Boyko
President