[FASS] Announcing Stacy's Dad! Plus WUSA Clubs Days, new Reps, and Fall CSW

FASS President prez at fass.uwaterloo.ca
Thu May 18 08:00:00 EDT 2023

Hello FASSies!

Big news! This summer, FASS is creating a music video version of Stacy's Dad,
a scene written for our last show The Other SIde of the Story that was
tragically cut due to time constraints. Based on the hit song "Stacy's
Mom", Stacy's Dad asks the question, "What if Stacy's dad had got it pretty
bad?" and, wow, does it ever have an answer.

We're looking for a Director for Stacy's Dad. The role is similar to the
Director role for FASS's Fall and Winter shows: You'll run auditions, lead
the actors in rehearsals, and have final responsibility for all creative
decisions. This role would be great for someone directing for the first
time or getting back into the directing game after a while, but all
interested applicants are welcome to apply. Please express your interest by
emailing prez at fass.uwaterloo.ca before Wednesday, May 31, at 11:59 pm.

We'll hold auditions for acting roles in Stacy's Dad, too. Dates to be
announced soon!

---

We are looking for volunteers to set up, staff, and tear down FASS’s booth
at the WUSA Clubs Days next Thursday and Friday. Our recent post-show
survey indicated that Clubs Day is an important recruitment channel for
FASS, so please help if you’re available. If you are, even for only part of
the event, please email prez at fass.uwaterloo.ca.

The FASS Board has appointed Dhruv Bekal and Evan Jones as Representatives.
Dhruv's first FASS was this past February, in which he played Isolde Wolff
(i.e., the original Big Wolf) and the incomparable Dr. Phillip. Evan has
been in FASS since 2012, taking on a variety of roles including Producer
and Tech Director. Thank you, Dhruv and Evan, for stepping up!

We've also appointed Sameeksha Naik as Chief Script Writer for our Fall
show.  Sameeksha has written for several FASSes in the past few years.
We’re pleased to see her stepping up to this illustrious writing position
with heightened responsibility. Interested writers should watch for
upcoming emails and social media posts about joining Sameeksha’s writing
team.

Thanks for making it all the way through this email!

Yours in FASS,

Thomas