[FASS] Want to be Chief Script Writer for our fall show?

FASS President prez at fass.uwaterloo.ca
Sat Apr 15 16:50:48 EDT 2023

Hello FASSies!

Do you make so many jokes that it's basically a hobby? Are you a good
communicator and organizer? Are you looking for a fun way to spend that
long, long summer? Then you might make a good Chief Script Writer (CSW).

We're now accepting expressions of interest in the role of CSW for FASS's
fall show. The CSW's job is to select a theme for the show, organize and
supervise writers' meetings, and take responsibility for delivering a
finished script by mid-August. You can see the full list of
responsibilities in Article Four, section 8 of FASS's Constitution:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I2r2fzBfucZ-dainim_66NV7gxmDgzsX/edit

Our fall show will be a variety show. That means that the CSW is
responsible for three to five theatrical scenes that FASSies will perform
during the show. Interspersed with those scenes will be performances from
other UWaterloo groups: acapella, improv, Warriors Band, etc.

We're open to CSW candidates' suggestions for how to construct the fall
show script. The Board has discussed:

   - Writing all-new scenes
   - Using extra scenes from the last couple of FASSes
   - Using scenes take from previous FASS scripts
   - Doing a mix of the above

You don't need to be in Waterloo for this role! You could organize virtual
writers' meetings and submit the script electronically.

Please express your interest by *April 29 at 11:59pm ET* by emailing me at
prez at fass.uwaterloo.ca.

Best,
Thomas