[FASS] Announcing the 2022 AGM--Sunday April 24th @ 1pm via Zoom

FASS President prez at fass.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Mar 22 12:24:49 EDT 2022

With the 2022 Winter show behind us (Thank you to everyone who participated
and everyone who tuned in to watch!) it is time to announce the 2022 Annual
General Meeting.  The Board met this past weekend and made two important
decisions.

First is that this year's AGM will be held on Sunday April 24th @ 1pm.
This is a bit later than usual, but still fits within the Winter term, and
avoids most of the UW exam period and doesn't conflict with Easter
weekend.

The second decision is that the meeting will once again be held online via
Zoom.  Discussion was had about doing a hybrid meeting giving an in person
and online option for attendance, but the consensus of the board was that
doing so would be more complicated than it was worth.  Given the changes to
COVID-19 regulations, we are discussing a "post-AGM" social gathering, so
stay tuned for that :-)

So there are a couple things we need from all of you before the AGM.  If
anyone has nominations for the FASS Honour Roll that they would like
considered this year, please send an email to prez at fass.uwaterloo.ca by
April 6th, 2022.  Also if you are aware of any proposed Constitutional
changes that need to be discussed this year, also email
prez at fass.uwaterloo.ca

Finally, as the AGM signals the end of the term for most of the members of
the Board of Directors, it is time for everyone to consider standing for a
position on the Board (and also time for us to start... encouraging...
participation on the Board.  It is standard practice for the current board
to select a new Treasurer before the AGM, so I am once again asking each of
you to consider putting your name forward to stand as FASS Treasurer for
the 2022-2023 Board of Directors.  The remaining Board Officers and Reps
are elected at the AGM, so if you are interested in other Board positions,
make sure you attend the AGM or let me know (again at prez at fass.uwaterloo.ca)
before the 24th of April.

Hope to see all of you April 24th for the AGM (or at least your screen name
in a black square if you don't want to turn on your camera :-) )

--
R. Brent Clements
President, 2021-2022 Board of Directors