[FASS] FASS Fall Newsletter: Props, Script Writing, Social Events & General Updates!

FASSCompanyCoordinator coordinator at fass.uwaterloo.ca
Sun Sep 12 00:23:04 EDT 2021

Hi Everyone,

I'm sending out this email to give everyone an idea of what the Fall Term
is going to look like in terms of social events and general updates.
Firstly, I’d like to announce our Chief Script Writers for the February
2022 production, *Erynn Monette* and *Evan Sauve*! If you have an interest
in writing sketch comedy, music parodies, or simply a passion for puns
please reach out to Erynn and Evan as they are recruiting people for the
writing team. They can be reached at csw at fass.uwaterloo.ca.

For the Fall Term, there will be two main show related events and more
general social gatherings throughout the term. There will be a prop
building workshop on *Sunday, September 26th at 2pm in Waterloo Park*. We
will have lots of building supplies and general arts & crafts supplies to
get creative with. I’ll send a more detailed list of what repurposed items
everyone can bring and where exactly we will be meeting in Waterloo Park
closer to the date.

For the workshop, we will decide what to make by writing down a numbered
list of 20 adjectives and then a separate list of 20 objects. Then, we’ll
roll a D20 on each list to mash the words together to see what prop we’re
making. I’m excited for us to get ridiculous with our craft supplies and
see what we can build! You don’t need any experience building props to come
to this workshop, we’ll all be helping each other to make the props.

In October, there will be a Speed Writing event so keep checking your
socials and email for updates from our CSW’s about the writing process and
how you can get involved. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any
questions about the events or general inquiries about FASS.

Cheers,

Julia Cowderoy

FASS Company Coordinator