[FASS] Hello from the President, 2021-2022 Edition

FASS President prez at fass.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Apr 7 15:47:04 EDT 2021

Hello FASSies one and all!

My name is Brent Clements. I have been elected as the President of the FASS
2021-2022 Board of Directors. Joining me on the board this year are Thomas
Broadley, Sameeksha Naik, Kevin Bruner-Prime, and Michelle Stepanek, who
will be serving as your representatives on the Board. I am thrilled to see
the level of representation of people relatively new to FASS in this role,
taking an interest in the governance and future of the organization.
Transitioning to the role of Presidential Advisor is last year's President
Victoria Robertson.

A keen observer will notice that there are a number of positions on the
current board that have not been filled. The Board will be meeting this
week to interview applicants who have stepped up for the roll of Company
Coordinator which was not filled at the AGM. I will follow up when the
meeting concludes.

We are still looking for an individual to take on the role of Treasurer on
the Board. If you are interested in taking on that roll, please contact
myself or another member of the Board. Applications for Treasurer will
close April 25th, and interviews will be scheduled at that time.

The remaining position on the board is an important one as we start to plan
our performances for the upcoming year, and filling it is one of the first
responsibilities of a new Board. Applications for Creative Liaison are now
open until April 30th. For more information, please check out the relevant
section of the Constitution here. Once again, if you have any questions,
feel free to approach myself or another member of the Board.

I would like to take a moment to thank the members of last year's Board of
Directors for all the work they did last year keeping the Company together
and putting on a wonderful FASS despite all the obstacles. Specifically I
would like to thank Victoria Robertson, Jen Farmer, Tammy Markov, Danny
Eagle, Allan Beldan, Erik Arndt, Nathan Liu, and Diana Skrzydlo. Also,
thanks to the individuals who comprised the Show council responsible for
putting on the Winter 2021 show: Michelle Stepanek, Nathan Liu, Allan
Beldan, Erik Arndt, and Nick Boyko.

Last year we went into the year not knowing what the year will bring, and
this year will bring its own challenges. We are still watching the
University leadership's plans for the campus in the coming year as we plan
for shows and activities. Our experience in the past year has proven that
FASS has a place in our community regardless of the situation, and I look
forward to what we can come up with this year as well.

R. Brent Clements
President, 2021-2022 Board of Directors
FASS Theatre Company