[FASS] Welcome to 2020-2021!

Victoria Robertson vearobertson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 13:27:41 EDT 2020

Hello all!

I'm Victoria, and I am very pleased to have taken on the role of FASS
President for 2020-2021. I am a relatively new FASSie and my goals for this
year are to continue to recruit and retain new people and keep them
comfortable here! Joining me on the 2020-2021 board are Company Coordinator
Tammy Markov, Treasurer Danny Eagle, and Representatives R. Brent Clements,
Erik Arndt, Nathan Liu, and Allan Beldan, along with Presidential Advisor
Diana (Dee) Skrzydlo.

I’d like to officially announce that applications for *Creative Liaison*
will be accepted until Sunday April 26 at 11:59 PM. If you are interested
in applying for the position, please email prez at fass.uwaterloo.ca with a
brief outline of your qualifications. Descriptions of the position below,
or feel free to reach out to past holders of the position.

There are going to be some interesting challenges this year, as of this
writing pretty much the whole country is on lockdown and it seems quite
difficult to put on a FASS with everyone in their own homes. We are hoping
that the world heals in time for a show, and we are already dreaming up
ideas of how to keep FASS alive if the situation arises that such a
concession must be made as to put on a show from our bedrooms! Thanks
everyone for putting your trust in me. I’m looking forward to working with
the new Board and helping guide the FASS family in this coming year, and we
hope that we can continue to keep everyone in good spirits and connected
through these unusual times.

Sincerely,

FASS President ~Victoria Robertson

P.S. Minutes from the AGM can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nU-R5UnleSHBN8A1ATxcxOy9ZgtY057Jsno2G5M4mh8/edit?usp=sharing

Creative Liaison is responsible for:

   - Running the Show Councils – meetings, coordination, and
   responsibilities
   - Reporting back to the Board on the status of the shows [including
   debrief]
   - Selecting and supervising a Social Coordinator who runs activities
   during the show run