[Dd2015] Zero Experience / Zero Work Email Workshops

Math Business mathbus at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jan 14 14:02:46 EST 2022

Hello,
There are two campus-wide student programs in collaboration with Velocity, the Problem Lab, the Center for Career Action, and others that are being offered. Please see details below for more information:
Zero Experience Emails

If you want to be successful, you need to stand out from the crowd.

The Zero Experience is how you start distinguishing yourself. Get the tools to solve problems affecting millions of people, network with internationally awarded innovators (NASA’s Hawaii Mission Commander, anyone?), and transform your visions into realities. No prior experience required!

“It would be hard to find a program like the Zero Experience that allows you to accomplish both personal and professional goals at the same time. This program just has something. It is so well organized and inclusive.” -4A alum

The Zero Experience is a weekly online 2-hour workshop (6-8pm ET Wednesdays) that teaches you how to make an impact from scratch and figure out what you want.

Within the first three weeks you’ll quickly make new friends, become an expert in a global problem, construct a great idea from scratch, find out what excites you, and so much more. Then you’ll join a team of peers to go even further towards making a real impact.

“I’m starting to think the Zero Experience was one of the best things I’ve done in my university career. I will always recommend this program to my peers.” -1B alum

No matter where you come from or where you’re going, the Zero Experience will transform your university experience.

Applications close Jan 25th, so apply now<https://concept.uwaterloo.ca/zero/experience/> to start standing out!

—

Want to make an impact but don’t know how?

The Zero Experience is how you start. Join teams of motivated friends to tackle problems affecting millions of people, network with world-class experts, discover what drives you, and start distinguishing yourself from everyone else. No prior experience required!

“The main thing I got from Zero is ACTUALLY useful advice and knowledge that will help me regardless of what I do!” -2B alum

The Zero Experience’s nine weekly workshops (Wednesdays 6-8pm ET) start with you finding an impact idea, refining it, and then putting it into practice. Then a few weeks in you start again from scratch, now armed with new knowledge, skills, experience, and a team of motivated peers!

Every workshop is created by UW students like you, built to be super interactive and stuffed to the brim with proven success techniques for you to master.

“Honestly the Zero Experience has been the best experience I’ve had since I came to Waterloo. I don’t regret any moment of work here.” -1A alum

No matter where you come from or where you’re going, the Zero Experience will transform your university experience.

Applications close Jan 25th, so apply now<https://concept.uwaterloo.ca/zero/experience/> to start making your impact!

Zero Work Emails

Struggling to answer “what do I want to do after I graduate?”

You’re not alone and there’s a solution. Zero Work expands your career options, gives you actionable plans for job hunting, teaches you to network efficiently, refines your resume and interviewing skills, and so much more in just a single weekend!

 “It would be hard to find a program like Zero that lets you accomplish both personal and professional goals at the same time. This program just has something.” -4A alum

Throughout two afternoons of tightly designed workshops, you’ll delve deeply into your career options, network with confidence, find hidden opportunities, write a memorable resume, hold charismatic conversations, learn what you want, and so much more.

You’ll also get dozens of career strategies written by students like you about your shared problems, fireside Q&As with expert career advisors, incredible friendship opportunities, and more. And this isn’t school. You’ll be taking real career steps and getting real results.

“I’ve learned how to take my passion and turn it into something more thanks to Zero, which is inspiring!” -3A alum

No matter where you come from or where you’re going, Zero Work will transform your university experience.

Applications are closing Jan 21st, so apply now<https://concept.uwaterloo.ca/zero/work/> to start standing out!

—

Want a great job but don’t know how to get it?

Zero Work is where you start. In a single weekend, learn the tools to reshape your resume into an impressive story, interview memorably, network without feeling like a fraud, and finally decide what career path matters most to you. No prior experience required!

“Zero reminds me of learning and passion outside of school. It reminds me of why I am pursuing my future career!” -3A alum

Over two afternoons of engaging workshops you’ll learn how to design a perfect resume, network with confidence, find hidden opportunities, write a convincing cover letter, hold charismatic conversations, discover what you want, and so much more.

Plus get dozens of career strategies written by students like you about your shared problems, fireside Q&As with expert career advisors, incredible friendship opportunities, and more. This isn’t school. You’ll be taking real career steps and getting real results.

“I think that Zero teaches students to be confident through a guided process. It tells them that they ARE capable and shows them how they can be!” -1B alum

No matter where you come from or where you’re going, Zero Work will transform your university experience.

Applications are closing Jan 21st, so apply now<https://concept.uwaterloo.ca/zero/work/> to begin the better job-hunt!