[Cs-female-staff] WICS lunch with Distinguished Lecturer Jeannette Wing

Anna Lubiw alubiw at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Apr 24 14:21:08 EDT 2012

Hello:

WICS is having a lunch-time gathering with Jeannette Wing, Head of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University, who is visiting our School to give a Distinguished Lecture.
You can read an interesting interview of Jeannette here:
    http://women.cs.cmu.edu/What/Interviews/jeannetteWing.php
and find her web page here:
   http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~wing/

This is a wonderful opportunity to meet a very eminent woman in CS, and I hope you all come.  Also, there will be free food!  If you plan to come, please reply to Jessica Miranda <jmiranda at uwaterloo.ca>, so we can order the right amount of food.

When: Tuesday May 1, 12 - 2 PM
Where: the fishbowl, DC 1301

Jeannette Wing's distinguished lecture on "Computational Thinking" will be later the same day at 4:30 on May 1,   http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/odyssey/event/1472

Regards,
Anna
Anna Lubiw
Chair, Women in CS
David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science
University of Waterloo