[Cs-female-staff] Ontario Celebration of Women in Computing

Anna Lubiw alubiw at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Sep 19 11:39:34 EDT 2011

Hello:

There will be an Ontario conference for women in Computer Science taking place October 21, 22 in Toronto:
   http://www.oncwic.ca/
The conference is modelled on the American Grace Hopper conference, and the goal is to provide students, faculty and professional women in Ontario the opportunity for networking, sharing and mentoring.

WICS supports the conference, and I highly recommend going.  The conference costs $40 for students -- that includes registration, one night's accommodation,  Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast and lunch.  This is an incredible deal, made possible by the sponsors of the conference.

For transportation, note that you can reach the Toronto subway system via the Feds bus to Toronto which costs $20 return for undergrads.  We also encourage ride-sharing -- feel free to use the mailing lists to offer or solicit rides.

Regards,
Anna
Anna Lubiw
Chair, Women in CS
David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science
University of Waterloo