[Cs-female-staff] WICS lunch on August 20th

biedl at cs.uwaterloo.ca biedl at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jul 23 10:46:18 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

this is an early-advance notice for a WICS event.  Please mark your calendar
  	for August 20th, 12-1:30, fishbowl
for a lunch for the women in computer science.  We will have with us some
of the female participants, coaches and organizers of the IOI (International
Olympiad in Informatics) that takes in Waterloo at this time.    Hopefully
this will be a great opportunity to share experiences from around the world
of what it is like to be a woman in computer science.

In order to order the right amount of food, we need to know how many people
will attend (which is especially hard to guess since the date is after finals
are ended and hence in a very quiet time at UW.)  Could you please send an
email, by August 13, to wics at cs.uwaterloo.ca if you plan to attend?

(I will send a reminder shortly before August 13th.)

I hope to see you on August 20th,
Therese

Therese Biedl                           biedl at uwaterloo.ca (email)
Associate Professor
David R. Cheriton School of CS
University of Waterloo                  +1-519-888-4567x34721 (phone)
Waterloo, Ontario N2L3G1, Canada        +1-519-885-1208 (fax)

"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the human
race.  --- H.G.Wells"