[Bridges] Bridges Baltimore 2015

Bridges conference announcements bridges at lists.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Dec 10 22:51:26 EST 2014

----------------------
BRIDGES BALTIMORE 2015
----------------------

Mathematics, Music, Art, Architecture, Culture
The University of Baltimore, Maryland, USA

July 29 – August 1, 2015 (Wednesday – Saturday)
Excursion Day: Sunday, August 2

http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2015/

A Collaborative Effort by the University of Baltimore and the Bridges Organization!

Bridges Baltimore 2015 will feature talks and artworks presenting the latest ideas in mathematics and the arts from experts around the world, including regular and short papers, invited talks, hands-on workshops, a Visual Art Exhibition, a Short Movie Festival, a Musical Event, a Theater Event, a Mathematical Poetry Event, a Giant Zometool Construction, and an excursion.

We are pleased to announce two of our plenary events, with more to come:

 * ALAN C. KAY, Turing Award Recipient for work on Object-Oriented  Programming, Kyoto Prize winner for creation of the concept of modern personal computing and contribution to its realization, and winner of the Charles Stark Draper Prize of the National Academy of Engineering for the vision, conception, and development of the first practical networked personal computers.  President of Viewpoints Research Institute, Glendale, California, USA

 * The Public Event Theater Show, "The Mathematics of Being Human", will be performed by the University of Maryland-BC professors MICHELE OSHEROW (author, associate professor of English), MANIL SURI (distinguished professor of mathematics and author of three award-winning novels _The Death of Vishnu_, _The Age of Shiva_, and _The City of Devi_), and ALAN KREIZENBECK (director, associate professor of theatre):  http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2015/2015-public-event/

An updated list of keynote speakers/coordinators is available here:

	http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2015/2015-speakers-coordinators/

Call for submissions
--------------------

We invite submissions of new work in mathematical art in several categories.

Papers:
http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2015/2015-call-for-papers/

 * Deadline for regular papers: 1 February 2015
 * Deadline for workshop papers: 1 March 2015
 * Deadline for short papers: 15 March 2015

 * Acceptance notification: 30 March 2015
 * Final paper submissions: 30 April 2015

Note: Papers are published in camera-ready format in a printed proceedings at the time of the conference

Art Exhibition:
http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2015/2015-art-exhibition/

 * Submission period: 15 February - 15 March 2015
 * Acceptance notification: 15 April 2015

Short Movie Festival:
http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2015/2015-short-movie-festival/

 * Submission period: 15 April - 15 May 2015
 * Acceptance notification: 1 June 2015

Other Events

We will be hosting a variety of additional events as part of Bridges
Baltimore 2015 including Family Day and Excursion Day.

Location
--------

We invite you to watch a short video introduction to Bridges Baltimore 2015, the University of Baltimore, Maryland, USA on the following page:

http://bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2015/

We look forward to seeing you in Baltimore this coming July!

Sincerely,
The Bridges Organization